Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Collegian
- Nurse practitioner prescribing in Australia: barriers to practice.The Journal for Nurse Practitioners,. 2017; 13: E349https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2017.05.078
- Education programmes preparing independent prescribers in Scotland: an evaluation.Nurse Education Today. 2013; 33: 321-326
- Multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice in England.NHS, England2017 (Retrieved from Multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice in England - Advanced Practice (hee.nhs.uk) Accessed Dec 2021)
- Assessment of prescribing in health (ASPRINH) project.Prescribing Assessment Toolkit. 2017; (Retrieved from): 2017
- Classic e-Delphi survey to provide national consensus and establish priorities with regards to the factors that promote the implementation and continued development of non-medical prescribing within health services in Wales.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e024161
- Nursing & Midwifery: The key to the rapid and cost-effective expansion of high-quality universal healthcare.Doha, Qatar, World Innovation Summit for Health. 2018; (Available at): 1-39
- Nurse attitudes and intent to undertake prescribing under supervision- national survey.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2022; (under review)
- Nursing service innovation: a case study examining emergency nurse practitioner service sustainability.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2017; 74: 454-464
- Evidence-informed implementation of nurse prescribing under supervision: an integrative review.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.14992
- Facilitators and barriers to non-medical prescribing - a systematic review and thematic synthesis.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0196471
Health Workforce Australia (2013). Health Professionals Prescribing Pathway (HPPP) Project Final Report. Retrieved from https://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/400.
- Content analysis: an introduction to its methodology.4th ed. Sage publications, Thousand Oaks, California2018
- Nurse prescribing of medicines in Western European and Anglo-Saxon countries: a systematic review of the literature.BMC Health Serv Res. 2011. 2011; 11 (Epub 2011/05/31): 127https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-11-127
- Nurse prescribing from the global vantage point: the intersection between role and policy.Policy Polit Nurs Pract. 2018; 19: 40-49
- The necessity and possibility of implementation of nurse prescribing in China: an international perspective.International Journal of Nursing Sciences. 2018; : 5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnss.2017.12.011
- Rural and metropolitan South Australian mental health workers' views about nurse prescribing: a thematic analysis.Health & Social Care in the Community. 2019; 27: 356-365
NPS MedicineWise (2021). Prescribing Competencies Framework: embedding quality use of medicines into practice (2nd Edition). Retrieved from https://www.nps.org.au/assets/NPS/pdf/NPS-MedicineWise_Prescribing_Competencies_Framework.pdf Accessed Dec 2021.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (2018). Proposed Registration standard: endorsement for scheduled medicines for registered nurses prescribing in partnership. Retrieved from https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/search.aspx?query=registered%20nurse%20prescribing. Accessed Sept 2021.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (2019). Fact sheet: advanced nursing practice and specialty areas within nursing. Retrieved from https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/codes-guidelines-statements/faq/fact-sheet-advanced-nursing-practice-and-specialty-areas.aspx Accessed Nov 2021.
Nursing and Midwifery Council (2018) Realising professionalism: standards for prescribing programs. Available at https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/standards-of-proficiency/prescribing/programme-standards-prescribing.pdf Accessed April 2021.
- Non-medical prescribing in New Zealand: an overview of prescribing rights, service delivery models and training.Therapeutic Advanced Drug Safety. 2017; 8: 349-360
- A competency framework for all prescribers.Royal Pharmaceutical Society, Great Britain2021
- International council of nurses, guidelines on advanced practice nursing 2020.International Council of Nurses, Geneva. Switzerland2020
- International council of nurses guidelines on nurse prescribing.International Council of Nurses, Geneva2021
- STROBE initiative. The strengthening the reporting of observational studies in epidemiology (STROBE)statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2008; 61 (PMID: 18313558): 344-349