Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Collegian
- Genomics education: knowledge of nurse across the profession and integration into practice.Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. 2017; 21: 747-753https://doi.org/10.1188/17.CJON.747-753
American Association of Colleges in Nursing. (2008). Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. Washington: AACN. Retrieved from https://www.aacnnursing.org/portals/42/publications/baccessentials08.pdf.
Australian College of Nursing. (2020). Nurses, genomics and clinical practice. Canberra: ACN. Retrieved from: https://www.acn.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/position-statement-nurse-genomics-clinical-practice.pdf.
- Ethical, legal and social issues in the translation of genomics into health care.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2013; 45: 15-24https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12000
- Current practice for genetic counselling by nurses: an integrative review.International Journal of Nursing Practice. 24. 2018https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12629 (Article e12629)
- Introducing a new competency into nursing practice.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2014; 5: 40-47https://doi.org/10.1016/s2155-8256(15)30098-3
- Increasing importance of genetics in nursing.Nurse Education Today. 2016; 44: 86-91https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2016.05.018
- The importance of genetics education for undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.Journal of Nursing Education. 2009; 48: 2
- Essentials of genetic and genomic nursing: Competencies, curricula guidelines and outcome indicators.2nd ed. American Nurses Association, Silver Spring, MD2009
- Evidence-based genetic education of non-genetic-expert physicians: experiences over three decades.Frontiers in Genetics. 2019; 10https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2019.00712
- What are scoping studies? A review of the nursing literature.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2009; 46: 1386-1400https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2009.20.010
Department of Health. (2017). National Health Genomics Policy Framework (No. 978-1-76007-328-2). Canberra: Department of Health. Retrieved from: https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/FD973B58DE82BCFFCA2581CC007D4682/$File/National-Health-Genomics-Policy-Framework.pdf.
Department of Health. (2019). Health Workforce Data. Canberra: Department of Health. Retrieved from: https://hwd.health.gov.au/resources/index.html?topic=nrmw.
Department of Health. (2018). Implementation Plan: National Health Genomics Policy Framework (No. 978-1-76007-362-6). Canberra: Department of Health. Retrieved from: https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/FD973B58DE82BCFFCA2581CC007D4682/$File/Implementation-Plan-to-the-Framework.pdf.
- Knowledge of genetics and the role of the nurse in genetic health care: a survey of Italian nurses.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2013; 69: 1125-1135https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06103.x
- Interviewee transcript review: assessing the impact on qualitative research.BMC Medical Research Methodology. 2009; 9: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2288-9-47
- Scoping studies: advancing the methodology.Implementation Science. 2010; 5: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-5908-5-69
- Caring for families with a history of cancer: why concerns about genetic predisposition are missing from the palliative agenda.Palliative Medicine. 2011; 25: 117-124https://doi.org/10.1177/0269216310383738
- Naturalistic inquiry. Newbury Park.Sage, Newbury Park, CA1985
- Rapid acute care genomics: challenges and opportunities for genetic counsellors.Journal of Genetic Counseling. 2021; 30: 30-41https://doi.org/10.1002/jgc4.1362
- Web-based assessment of genomic knowledge among practising nurses: a validation study.The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 2016; 47: 189-196https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20160322-09
- Genetic and genomic competencies for nursing informatics internationally.Studies in Health Technologies and Informatics. 2017; 232: 152-164
- Lessons learnt from implementing change in newborn bloodspot screening processes over more than a decade: midwives, genetics and education.Midwifery. 2019; 79https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2019.102542
New South Wales Ministry of Health. (2017). The changing landscape of the genetic counselling workforce: Final report. Sydney: Urbis. Retrieved from: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/workforce/alliedhealth/Documents/gsw-final-report.pdf.
Nursing and Midwifery Council. (2018). Future nurse: Standards for proficiency for registered nurses. United Kingdom: NMC. Retrieved from: https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/standards-of-proficiency/nurses/future-nurse-proficiencies.pdf.
- Newborn bloodspot screening policy framework for Australia.Australasian Medical Journal. 2015; 8: 292-298
- Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2007
- Genomics in nursing education.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2005; 37: 196-202
Queensland Genomics. (2021). Accelerating change in healthcare: July 2016 - June 2021. Queensland Genomics. https://queenslandgenomics.org/qldgenomics-updated/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/End-of-program-report.pdf.
Queensland Health. (2019). Succession Management and Mentoring Manual and Toolkit for Nurses and Midwives. Brisbane: Office of the Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer.
- Genomics and precision health.Brisbane: Queensland Government, 2021 (Unpublished report)
- Towards improved organisational support for nurses working in research roles in the clinical setting: a mixed method investigation.Collegian. 2011; 18 (Article): 165-176https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2011.07.002
- Scoping the scene: what do nurses, midwives, and allied health professionals need and want to know about genomics?.Frontiers in Genetics. 2019; 10: 1066https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2019.01066
- Nurses’ competence in genetics: a mixed method systematic review.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2012; 68: 2387-2398https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.06034.x
Ward, L. (2011). Development of the Genomic Nursing Concept Inventory. [Doctoral dissertation, Washington State University]. https://www.proquest.com/openview/43ffbc7e9d350926d1861ab00fae5045/1?pq-origsite=gscholar&cbl=18750.
- Mainstreaming genetics and genomics: a systematic review of the barriers and facilitators for nurses and physicians in secondary and tertiary care.Genetics in Medicine. 2020; 22: 1149-1155https://doi.org/10.1038/s41436-020-0785-6
- Genomics in nursing practice in Australia.2018https://doi.org/10.25903/5ee03361734a0 ([Doctoral dissertation, James Cook University]. Research Online @ JCU)
- Nurses’ competence in genetics: an integrative review.Nursing and Health Sciences. 2018; 20: 142-153https://doi.org/10.1111/nhs.12401
- Genomic literacy of Registered Nurses and Midwives in Australia: a cross-sectional survey.Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2019; 51: 40-49https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12440
- Genomics in oncology nursing practice in Australia.Collegian. 2020; 27: 410-415