Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Collegian
- Practice nurse involvement in general practice clinical care: Policy and funding issues need resoultion.Australian Health Review. 2014; 38: 301-305https://doi.org/10.1071/AH13107
American Academy of Family Physicians. (2020). Primary Care Collaborative. Retrieved from pcpcc.org/about/shared-principles.
- Nurses’ role in long-term conditions care.Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand. 2016; 22: 16-17
- Continuing education for primary health care practitioners in Ontario, Canada.Nurse Education Today. 2013; 33: 353-357https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2012.07.018
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qualitative Research in Psychology. 2006; 3: 77-101https://doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Community health and wellness - Principles of primary health care.6th ed. Elsevier Australia, Chatswood, New South Wales, Australia2019
Critical Appraisal Skills Programme. (2021). Retrieved from https://casp-uk.net/.
- Contribution by primary health nurses and general practitioners to the Diabetes Annual Review (Get Checked) programme in Auckland, New Zealand.The New Zealand Medical Journal. 2013; 126 (Retrieved from): 15-26
- Are nurses more likely to report providing care plans for chronic disease patients then doctors? Findings from a New Zealand study.Chronic Illness. 2015; 11: 210-217https://doi.org/10.1177/1742395314567479
- The patient-centred medical home in the USA.Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2011; 2: 373-375https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2010.01607.x
- The impact of funding changes on implementation primary health care policy.Primary Health Care Research and Development. 2012; 13 (doi:10.1017/S): 120-129
- NHS Can learn a lot from New Zealands health care system.The Guardian. 2014; (Retrieved from)
- New Zealand health system: Universalism struggles with persisting inequities.Lancet. 2019; 3: 432-442https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)31238-3
- Health policy and advanced practice nursing: Impact and implications.Springer Publishing Company, New York2014 (Vol. Unit IV)
- PRISMA2020: R package and ShinyApp for producing PRISMA 2020 compliant flow diagrams.Zenodo. 2021; https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4287834
- The role of government policy in supporting nurse-led care in general practice in United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia: An adapted realist review.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2012; 68: 963-980https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05870.x
- Primary Health Care Systems in Canada: Systems in Motion.The Milbank Quarterly. 2011; 89 (Retrieved from): 256-288
- Implementing, embedding and integrating self-management support tools for people with long-term conditions in primary care nursing: A qualitative study.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2014; 51 (Retrieved from): 1103-1113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2013.11.008
- “On the margins and not the mainstream:” Case selection for the implementation of community based primary health care in Canada and New Zealand.International Journal of Integrated Care. 2017; 17: 15https://doi.org/10.5334/ijic.2501
- Team composition and chronic disease management within primary healthcare practices in eastern Ontario: An application of the Measuting Organizational Attributes of Primary Health Care Survey.Primary Health Care Research and Development. 2018; 19: 622-628https://doi.org/10.1017/S14634236180000257
- Nursing contributions to chronic disease management in primary care.The Journal of Nursing Administration. 2014; 44: 103-110https://doi.org/10.1097/NNA.0000000000000033
- Practice nurses and the facilitation of self-management in primary care.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2008; 62: 191-199https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04585.x
- Nurses in expanded roles to strengthen community-based health promotion and chronic care: Policy implications from an international perspective: A commentary.Israel Journal of Health Policy Research. 2018; 7https://doi.org/10.1186/s13584-018-0257-5
- Dependence and identity: Nurses and chronic conditions in a primary care setting.Journal of Health Organization and Management. 2008; 22: 294-308https://doi.org/10.1108/1477260810883558
- The implementation and impact of different funding initiatives on access to multidisciplinary primary health care and policy implicatins.Medical Journal of Australia. 2008; 88: S69-S72
Ministry of Health. (2019). Working as a nurse in New Zealand. Retrieved from https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/nursing/nurses-new-zealand/working-nurse-new-zealand.
National Nursing Assessment Service. (2022). RN, RPN and LPN requirements in Canada. Retrieved from https://www.nnas.ca/nursing-requirements-in-canada/.
- Assessing chronic disease management in European health systems.European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies Concepts and Approaches. 2014; : 1-85
- Utilization of registered nurses in primary care teams: A systematic review.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2017; 74: 15-23https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.05.013
Nursing and Midwifery Council. (2022). Becoming a nurse. Retrieved from https://www.nmc.org.uk/education/becoming-a-nurse-midwife-nursing-associate/becoming-a-nurse/.
- Health care spending in the United States and other high income countries.The Journal of the American Medical Association. 2018; 319: 1024-1039https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.1150
- Nursing activities for patients with chronic disease in family medicine groups: A multiple-case study.Nursing Inquiry. 2018; 67: 35-42https://doi.org/10.1111/nin.12250
- Rationale and standards for the systematic review of qualitative literature in health sciences research.Qualitative Health Research. 1998; 8: 341-351
- Cohort profile: The epidemiology of chronic diseases and multimorbidity. The EpiChron Cohort Study.International Journal of Epidemiology. 2018; 47: 382-384fhttps://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyx259
- The feasability and acceptability of nurse-led chronic disease management interventions in primary care: An integrative review.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2017; 74: 279-288https://doi.org/10.1111/jan/13450
- How do policy and institutional settings shape opportunities for community based primary health care? A comparison of Ontario Quebec and New Zealand.International Journal of Integrated Care. 2017; 17: 1-15https://doi.org/10.5335/ijic.2514
- A realist review: What do nurse-led self management interventions achieve for outpatients with a chronic condition?.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2016; 73: 1255-1271https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.13189
- General Practice Nursing.McGraw Hill, Sydney2010
- Understanding the Australian Health Care System.3rd ed. Elsevier, Chatswood, New South Wales2016 (Vol. Section 1:4)
World Health Organization. (2018). Non communicable diseases key facts. Retrieved from https://www.who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/noncommunicable-diseases.