Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Collegian
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (1998). A peaceful death: Recommended competencies and curricular guidelines for end-of-life nursing care.Report from the Robert Wood Johnson end-of-life care round table. Washington, D.C.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2021). The New AACN Essentials. (2021). Retrieved January 17, 2022, from https://www.aacnnursing.org/AACN-Essentials.
- Making sense of concept analysis.Nurse Researcher (2014+). 2018; 25: 43https://doi.org/10.7748/nr.2018.e1503
- Living in the moment for people approaching the end of life: A concept analysis.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2020; 108103584https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2020.103584
- Applying conceptual models of nursing: Quality improvement, research, and practice.Springer, New York2017
- CARES: AACN's new competencies and recommendations for educating undergraduate nursing students to improve palliative care.Journal of Professional Nursing: Official Journal of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. 2016; 32: 327-333https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2016.07.002
Field M, Cassell C.(IOM Report)Washington DC: National Academy Press; (1997). Approaching death: Improving care at the end of life. [Google Scholar].
- Dignity in nursing: A synthesis review of concept analysis studies.Nursing Ethics. 2021; 28: 734-749https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733020961822
- Concept analysis of good death in terminally ill patients.The American Journal of Hospice & Palliative Care. 2012; 29: 632-639https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909111434976
Griffin, J. (2020). The History of Medicine and Organized Healthcare in America. https://www.griffinbenefits.com/blog/history-of-healthcare.
- Concept analysis of good death in the Japanese community.Journal of Nursing Scholarship: An Official Publication of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. 2006; 38: 165-170https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2006.00095.x
- Dying with dignity: A concept analysis.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2016; 25 (–10): 1218-1228https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.13143
- Moving toward peace: An analysis of the concept of a good death.The American Journal of Hospice & Palliative Care. 2006; 23: 277-286https://doi.org/10.1177/1049909106290380
- Concept Analysis of Well-dying in Korean Society.Journal of Muscle and Joint Health. 2020; 27: 229-237https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2020.27.3.229
- Concept analysis of good death in long term care residents.International Journal of Palliative Nursing. 2017; 23: 29-34https://doi.org/10.12968/ijpn.2017.23.1.29
- Death preparedness: A concept analysis.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2014; 70: 1008-1019https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12252
Merriam-Webster. (2021). Death. In Meriam-Webster.com dictionary. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Death. Accessed 28 November 2021.
- Concept analyses of good death in Korean communities.Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing. 2017; 19: 28-38https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2017.19.1.28
- A portrait of nursing and healthcare in 2020 and beyond.Journal of Nursing Regulation. 2020; 10: S1-S35https://doi.org/10.1016/S2155-8256(20)30022-3
- Dying with dignity: The good patient versus the good death.American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine®. 2004; 21: 116-120https://doi.org/10.1177/104990910402100209
- Re-visioning academic medicine through a constructionist lens.Academic Medicine. 2020; 95 (VolIssueLippincott Williams and Wilkins): 846-850https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000003109
- Caring science conscious dying: An emerging metaparadigm.Nursing Science Quarterly. 2017; 30: 58-64https://doi.org/10.1177/0894318416680538
- As hospitals restrict visitors, what constitutes a 'Good Death'?.Health Affairs. 2022; 41: 921-924https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2021.01857
- Good death and bad death in ancient Israel according to biblical lore.Social Science & Medicine. 2004; 58: 987-995https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2003.10.035
Tapalaga, A. (2021, January 19). The history behind the "No One Dies Alone" program. Medium. https://historyofyesterday.com/the-history-behind-the-no-one-dies-alone-program-1989da5b2f1f.
- Nursing concept analysis in North America: State of the art.Nursing Philosophy. 2008; 9: 180-194