Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Caring for patients displaying agitated behaviours in the intensive care unit–a mixed-methods systematic review.Australian Critical Care. 2022; 35: 454-465
Alkhaffaf, B., Blazeby, J. M., Metryka, A., Glenny, A.-M., Adeyeye, A., Costa, P. M., et al. (2021). Methods for conducting international Delphi surveys to optimise global participation in Core Outcome Set development: a case study in gastric cancer informed by a comprehensive literature review.
- Guide to knowledge translation planning at CIHR: Integrated and end–of–grant approaches.Canadian Institute of Health Research, Ottawa, Canada2012
- Patient involvement in guidelines is poor five years after institute of medicine standards: review of guideline methodologies.Research involvement and engagement. 2017; 3: 1-11
- Impact of patient involvement on clinical practice guideline development: a parallel group study.Implementation Science. 2018; 13: 55
- A ladder of citizen participation.Journal of the American Planning Association. 2019; 85: 24-34
Australian Clinical Trials Alliance. (2021). Ethics review and involvement. Retrieved from https://involvementtoolkit.clinicaltrialsalliance.org.au/toolkit/undertaking/ethics-review-and-involvement/ (access date 10th April 2022).
- Patient and public engagement in integrated knowledge translation research: are we there yet?.Research involvement and engagement. 2019; 5: 1-14
- Ready to go: Using an integrated knowledge translation approach to support the development of a funding application to explore patient engagement in Canadian circulatory and respiratory diseases research.how we work together. 2020; : 19
- Development of guidelines for caregivers of people with bipolar disorder: a Delphi expert consensus study.Bipolar disorders. 2011; 13: 556-570
Boivin, A., & Abelson, J. Evaluation Toolkit. Retrieved from https://ceppp.ca/en/collaborations/evaluation-toolkit/#div3 |all|1. (access date 10th April 2022)
- The three numbers you need to know about healthcare: the 60-30-10 challenge.BMC Medicine. 2020; 18: 1-8
- Understanding adherence to guidelines in the intensive care unit: development of a comprehensive framework.Journal of parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 2010; 34: 616-624
- Stakeholder involvement: how to do it right: article 9 in integrating and coordinating efforts in COPD guideline development. An official ATS/ERS workshop report.Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society. 2012; 9: 269-273
Cowl, J., Armstrong, M. J., Schaefer, C., & Fielding, J. (2021). GIN public Toolkit, Chapter 1 Consultation. Retrieved from https://g-i-n.net/get-involved/resources/#toolkit (access date June 2021).
- Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches.4th ed. SAGE Publications, California, United States of America2014
- Designing and conducting mixed methods research.Sage publications, 2017
- A strategy for patient involvement in clinical practice guidelines: methodological approaches.BMJ quality & safety. 2011; 20: 779-784
- Sharpening the focus: differentiating between focus groups for patient engagement vs. qualitative research.Research involvement and engagement. 2018; 4: 1-8
- Benefits, motivations, and challenges of international collaborative research: A sociology of science case study.Science and Public Policy. 2021; 48: 235-245
- Essential key messages about diagnosis, imaging, and self-care for people with low back pain: a modified Delphi study of consumer and expert opinions.Pain. 2019; 160: 2787-2797
- Focus group interviews.In Qualitative methodologies in organization studies. Springer, 2018: 97-126
- The evidence–practice gap in specialist mental healthcare: systematic review and meta-analysis of guideline implementation studies.The British Journal of Psychiatry. 2017; 210: 24-30
- Practical considerations for using online methods to engage patients in guideline development.The Patient-Patient-Centered Outcomes Research. 2018; 11: 155-166
- Principles and strategies for involving patients in research in chronic kidney disease: report from national workshops.Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation. 2018; 35: 1585-1595
Hardavella, G., Bjerg, A., Saad, N., Jacinto, T., & Powell, P. (2015). Doing science: how to optimise patient and public involvement in your research.
- Briefing notes for researchers: public involvement in NHS, public health and social care research.INVOLVE: Eastleigh. 2012; (Retrieved from)https://www.nihr.ac.uk/documents/briefing-notes-for-researchers-public-involvement-in-nhs-health-and-social-care-research/27371
Health, N. I. f., & Excellence, C. (2015). Developing NICE guidelines: the manual: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
- Hypertension guideline recommendations in general practice: awareness, agreement, adoption, and adherence.British Journal of General Practice. 2007; 57: 948-952
- Systematic overviews of partnership principles and strategies identified from health research about spinal cord injury and related health conditions: a scoping review.The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine. 2022; : 1-18
- Comparing Structured and Unstructured Facilitation Approaches in Consultation Workshops: A Field Experiment.Group Decision and Negotiation. 2020; 29: 949-967
IAP2. iap2 International Association for Public Participation. Retrieved from https://www.iap2.org/mpage/Home (access date 24th Nov 2021).
IAP2. (2017). Code of ethics. Retrieved from https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.iap2.org/resource/resmgr/pillars/2017_code_of_ethics-24x36_ia.pdf (8th July 2021).
IAP2 Spectrum of Public Participation. (2018). Retrieved from https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.iap2.org/resource/resmgr/pillars/Spectrum_8.5x11_Print.pdf
- An international multi-stakeholder delphi consensus exercise to develop a core outcomes set (COS) for surgical fixation of rib fractures.Injury. 2020; 51: 224-229
Involve. (2009). Patient and public involvement in research and research ethics committee review. Retrieved from https://www.invo.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/INVOLVENRESfinalStatement310309.pdf (7th May 2021)
INVOLVE. (2015). Public involvement in research: Values and principles framework. Eastleigh: INVOLVE Retrieved from https://www.invo.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Values-Principles-framework-Jan2016.pdf (21 Nov 2021)
- Pragmatism as a research paradigm and its implications for social work research.Social Sciences. 2019; 8: 255
- Defining integrated knowledge translation and moving forward: a response to recent commentaries.International journal of health policy and management. 2017; 6: 299
- A critical second look at integrated knowledge translation.Health Policy. 2013; 109: 187-191
- Integrated knowledge translation: digging deeper, moving forward.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2017; 71: 619-623
- The knowledge-value chain: a conceptual framework for knowledge translation in health.Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2006; 84: 597-602
- Qualitative research methods.3rd ed. Oxford University Press, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia2009
- How to use the nominal group and Delphi techniques.International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy. 2016; 38: 655-662
National Health and Medical Research Council, N. (2020). Guidelines for Guidelines. Retrieved from https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelinesforguidelines/implement (Yaccess date 10th April 2022).
- Statement on consumer and community involvement in health and medical research.Australian Government Canberra, 2016
- How does integrated knowledge translation (IKT) compare to other collaborative research approaches to generating and translating knowledge? Learning from experts in the field.Health research policy and systems. 2020; 18: 1-20
- Deciding what to research: an overview of a participatory workshop.British Journal of Learning Disabilities. 2014; 42: 323-327
- Pragmatism and integrated knowledge translation: exploring the compatabilities and tensions.Nursing open. 2015; 2: 141-148
- From tokenism to empowerment: progressing patient and public involvement in healthcare improvement.BMJ quality & safety. 2016; 25: 626-632
- A framework for public involvement at the design stage of NHS health and social care research: time to develop ethically conscious standards.Research involvement and engagement. 2017; 3: 1-21
- Barriers to adherence to COPD guidelines among primary care providers.Respiratory medicine. 2012; 106: 374-381
QSR International, P. L. (2021). NVivo (version 12 Pro). Retrieved from https://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-qualitative-data-analysis-software/home?_ga=2.219049821.578637113.1649884523-44727371.1649884523 (access date November 2021).
- Consultation workshops with patients and professionals: developing a template of patient-centred professionalism in community nursing.Journal of Research in Nursing. 2014; 19: 146-160
- Peripheral arterial disease and critical limb ischaemia: still poor outcomes and lack of guideline adherence.European heart journal. 2015; 36: 932-938
- Facilitating non-tokenistic user involvement in research.Research involvement and engagement. 2019; 5: 1-12
- The impact of public involvement in health research: what are we measuring? Why are we measuring it? Should we stop measuring it?.Research involvement and engagement. 2020; 6: 1-8
- The ethical challenges and opportunities of implementing engagement strategies in health research.Annals of Epidemiology. 2021; 59: 37-43
- Patient participation in a clinical guideline development for systemic lupus erythematosus.Patient education and counseling. 2015; 98: 1156-1163
- Barriers for guideline adherence in knee osteoarthritis care: a qualitative study from the patients' perspective.Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2017; 23: 165-172
- Clinical practice guidelines we can trust.National Academies Press, 2011 (access date 10th April 2022)
- Knowledge translation in health care: moving from evidence to practice.John Wiley & Sons, 2013
The University of British Columbia. IKT guiding principles. Retrieved from https://ikt.ok.ubc.ca/ (10th April 2022).
- Consumer involvement in topic and outcome selection in the development of clinical practice guidelines.Health Expectations. 2012; 15: 410-423
- Delphi methodology in health research: how to do it?.European Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2015; 7: 423-428
World Health Organization. (2014). WHO handbook for guideline development. Retrieved from https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/145714
- Critical appraisal guidelines for assessing the quality and impact of user involvement in research.Health Expectations. 2010; 13: 359-368
- Out of context: clinical practice guidelines and patients with multiple chronic conditions: a systematic review.Medical care. 2014; : S92-S100