Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cat no. PHE 255Available from: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/rural-remote-australians/rural-remote-health/contents/summary.
- Employing a qualitative description approach in health care research.Global Qualitative Nursing Research. 2017; 4 (233339361774228-2333393617742282)https://doi.org/10.1177/2333393617742282
- Individual and environmental factors that influence longevity of newcomers to nursing and midwifery: a scoping review protocol.JBI Evidence Synthesis. 2020; 18: 1271-1277
- Available from: http://ovidsp.dc2.ovid.com.libproxy.murdoch.edu.au/ovid-b/ovidweb.cgi. (Accessed Jan 2021).
- Can generation Y nurses supply areas of shortage? New graduate challenges in today’s job market.Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2015; 33: 36-45
- Available from: https://search-informit-com-au.libproxy.murdoch.edu.au/documentSummary;dn=021240031459945;res=IELHEA. (Accessed Feb 2021).
- An explanation of turnover intention among early-career nursing and allied health professionals working in rural and remote Australia - findings from a grounded theory study.Rural and Remote Health. 2018; 18 (no pagination)https://doi.org/10.22605/RRH4511
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Method Approaches. 4th. Sage Publications Inc, Thousand Oaks2014
- Qualitative inquiry & research design: choosing among five approaches.Fourth ed. SAGE Publications, Inc, Newbury Park2018
- A multi-state assessment of employer-sponsored quality improvement education for early- career registered nurses.The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 2013; 44: 12-19https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20121115-68
- An overview of the qualitative descriptive design within nursing research.Journal of Research in Nursing. 2020; 25: 443-455https://doi.org/10.1177/1744987119880234
- Graduate nurse practice readiness: a conceptual understanding of an age old debate.Collegian. 2017; 24: 391-396https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2016.08.004
- An integrative review of rural and remote nursing graduate programmes and experience of nursing graduates.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2018; 27: 753-766https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14211
- WA Country Health Service [WACHS]. Nursing & Midwifery Workforce Indicators Q4 2019/2020.Government of Western Australia, Perth2020
- Available from: http://www.wacountry.health.wa.gov.au/index.php?id=433&no_cache=1. (Accessed Feb 2021).
- Developing the rural health workforce to improve Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health outcomes: a systematic review.Australian Health Review. 2017; 41: 234-238https://doi.org/10.1071/AH15241
- Available from: https://www.pwc.com.au/health/health-matters/workforce-healthcare.html. (Accessed Feb 2021).
Health Workforce Australia (2014). Australia's Future Health Workforce – Nurses Overview Report. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia Department of Health. Available from: https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/34AA7E6FDB8C16AACA257D9500112F25/$File/AFHW%20-%20Nurses%20overview%20report.pdf (Accessed Feb 2021)
- Accessibility/Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA).The University of Adelaide, 2020 (Available from:)
- Available from: https://www.nursingreview.com.au/2017/08/graduate-nurses-face-frustration-in-gaining-registered-nurse-experience/. (Accessed Feb 2021).
- Retention of early career registered nurses: the influence of self-concept, practice environment and resilience in the first five years post-graduation.Journal of Research in Nursing. 2017; 22: 372-385https://doi.org/10.1177/1744987117709515
- Available from: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/wa-nurses-go-to-britain-to-find-work-under-health-department-deal-ng-b881140044z. (Accessed Feb 2021).
- A Mixed-Methods study on patient safety insights of new graduate registered nurses.Journal of Nursing Care Quality. 2020; 35: 258-264https://doi.org/10.1097/NCQ.0000000000000443
- Health professionals working in remote Australia: a review of the literature.Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources. 2016; 54: 32-56https://doi.org/10.1111/1744-7941.12067
- New rural acute care nurses speak up: "We're it" but we're not ready.Journal for Nurses in Professional Development. 2015; 31: 278-283https://doi.org/10.1097/NND.0000000000000188
- Isolated, small, and large hospitals have fewer nursing resources than urban hospitals: Implications for rural health policy.Public Health Nursing. 2019; 36https://doi.org/10.1111/phn.12612
- New nurses’ perceptions of professional practice behaviours, quality of care, job satisfaction and career retention.Journal of Nursing Management. 2016; 24https://doi.org/10.1111/jonm.12370
- Influence of social support and self-efficacy on resilience of early career registered nurses.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2018; 40: 648-664https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945916685712
- Available from: https://search-proquest-com.libproxy.murdoch.edu.au/docview/1566193685?accountid=12629&pq-origsite=summon. (Accessed Jan 2021).
- Remote health workforce turnover and retention: what are the policy and practice priorities?.Human Resources for Health. 2019; 1799https://doi.org/10.1186/s12960-019-0432-y
World Health Organisation (2016). Global strategy on human resources for health: workforce 2030. Geneva: World Health Organisation. Available from: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/250368/9789241511131-eng.pdf (Accessed Jan 2021)