Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Swedish nursing students' experience of aspects important for their learning process and their ability to handle the complexity of the nursing degree program.Nurse Education Today. 2012; 32: 453-457https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2011.05.011
Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council, (2018). Review of registered nurse accreditation standards. Retrieved from Canberra. Retrieved July 19, 2021 from https://www.anmac.org.au/sites/default/files/documents/rnasconsultationpaper2.pdf.
- Late dropout from nursing education: An interview study of nursing students’ experiences and reasons.Nurse Education in Practice. 2019; 39: 17-25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2019.07.005
- Work-integrated learning as a pedagogical tool to integrate theory and practice in nursing education – An integrative literature review.Nurse Education in Practice. 2020; 42102685https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2019.102685
- The impact of clinical placement model on learning in nursing: A descriptive exploratory study.Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2017; 34: 16-23https://doi.org/10.3316/ielapa.947093739842983
- Retrieved from https://www.ajan.com.au/archive/Vol34/Issue3/2Birks.pdf. (Accessed 14 July 2022).
- Best practice in clinical simulation education; are we there yet? A cross-sectional survey of simulation in Australian and New Zealand pre-registration nursing education.Collegian. 2018; 25: 327-334https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2017.09.003
- The influence student placement experience can have on the employment choices of graduates: A paediatric nursing context.Nurse Education in Practice. 2016; 16: 263-268https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2015.10.001
- Empowerment of nursing students in clinical practice: Spheres of influence.Journal of Advanced Nursing (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.). 2010; 66: 2061-2070https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2010.05351.x
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qualitative Research in Psychology. 2006; 3: 77-101https://doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Nurses and undergraduate student nurses' experiences in collaborative clinical placement programs in acute hospitals: An integrative literature review.Nurse Education Today. 2020; : 95https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2020.104578
- Key influences identified by first year undergraduate nursing students as impacting on the quality of clinical placement: A qualitative study.Nurse Education Today. 2015; 35: 1004-1008https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2015.03.009
- “I was yelled at, intimidated and treated unfairly”: Nursing students' experiences of being bullied in clinical and academic settings.Journal of Clinical Nursing (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.). 2018; 27: e903-e912https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.13983
- Causal modeling of self-concept, job satisfaction, and retention of nurses.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2008; 45: 1449-1459https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2007.10.009
- Predictive power of individual factors and clinical learning experience on academic success: Findings from a longitudinal study.Nurse Educator. 2015; 40: E1-E6https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0000000000000132
- Happy to help/happy to be here: Identifying components of successful clinical placements for undergraduate nursing students.Nurse Education Today. 2017; 49: 27-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2016.11.001
- A systematic review of placement-related attrition in nurse education.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2012; 49: 1299-1309https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2011.12.004
- Quality clinical placements: The perspectives of undergraduate nursing students and their supervising nurses.Nurse Education Today. 2016; 37: 97-102https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2015.11.013
- Identifying clinical learning needs using structured group feedback: First year evaluation of pre-registration nursing and midwifery degree programmes.Nurse Education Today. 2014; 34: 1104-1108https://doi.org/10.1016/jnedt.2014.02.003
- Theory before practice: Implicit assumptions about clinical nursing education in Australia as revealed through a shared critical reflection.Contemporary Nurse. 2011; 39: 51-64https://doi.org/10.5172/conu.2011.39.1.51
- Nursing shortage.StatPearls [Internet]: StatPearls Publishing, Treasure Island, Florida2022
- A framework to develop a clinical learning culture in health facilities: Ideas from the literature.International Nursing Review. 2011; 58: 196https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1466-7657.2010.00858.x
- The mixed methods appraisal tool (MMAT) version 2018 for information professionals and researchers.Education for Information. 2018; 34: 285-291https://doi.org/10.3233/EFI-180221
- Staff-student relationships and their impact on nursing students' belongingness and learning.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2009; 65: 316-324https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2008.04865.x
- What are the primary concerns of nursing students as they prepare for and contemplate their first clinical placement experience?.Nurse Educ Pract. 2015; 15: 304-309https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2015.03.012
- Changes in nursing students' expectations of nursing clinical faculties' competences: A longitudinal, mixed methods study.Nurse Education Today. 2017; 59: 38-44https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2017.08.013
- Using a clinical collaborative model for nursing education: Application for clinical teaching.Nurse Educator. 2012; 37: 80https://doi.org/10.1097/NNE.0b013e3182461bb6
- Clinical placements in contemporary nursing education: Where is the evidence?.Nurse Education Today. 2019; 83 (104202): 1-3https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2019.104202
- Student centredness in clinical learning: The influence of the clinical teacher.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2012; 68: 2331-2340https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2012.05946.x
Health Workforce Australia (HWA) 2014: Australia's future health workforce – nurses overview. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/nurses-australias-future-health-workforce-reports. Retrieved July 14, 2022.
Nursing & Midwifery Council. (2018). Realising professionalism: Standards for education and training. Part 3: Standards for pre-registration nursing programmes. Retrieved from: https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/standards-of-proficiency/standards-for-pre-registration-nursing-programmes/programme-standards-nursing.pdf.
- Effective academic-practice partnership models in nursing students' clinical placement: A systematic literature review.Nurse Education Today. 2020; : 95https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2020.104582
- Supporting students in clinical practice: Pre-registration nursing students’ views on the role of the lecturer.Nurse Education Today. 2011; 31: 780-784https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2011.04.009
- Nursing students' changing orientation and attitudes towards nursing during education: A two year longitudinal study.Nurse Education Today. 2017; 48: 19-24https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2016.09.009
- Supporting Australian clinical learners in a collaborative clusters education model: A mixed methods study.BMC Nursing. 2020; 19: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-020-00451-9
- Nursing students' perceptions of a collaborative clinical placement model: A qualitative descriptive study.Nurse Education in Practice. 2018; 30: 42-47https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2018.02.007
- The integrative review: Updated methodology.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2005; 52: 546-553https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2005.03621.x
World Health Organisation (2020). Nursing and midwifery: Key facts.Retrieved July 19, 2021 from https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/nursing-and-midwifery.
- From student to graduate: longitudinal changes in the qualities of nurses.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2015; 71: 2911-2922https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.12763
- Outcomes of a clinical partnership model for undergraduate nursing students.Contemporary Nurse. 2011; 39: 119-127https://doi.org/10.5172/conu.2011.39.1.119