Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Survey: open-ended questions.in: Allen M. The SAGE encyclopedia of communication research methods. SAGE Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks2018: 1716-1717
- Exploring undergraduate nursing students' perceptions of working in aged care settings: a review of the literature.Nurse Education Today. 2016; 36: 275-280
- Recognition for registered nurses supporting students on clinical placement: a grounded theory study.Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2020; 37 (Article 2020.373.98)
- An aged life has less value: a qualitative analysis of moral disengagement and care failures evident in Royal Commission oral testimony.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2021; 30: 3563-3576
Australian Colleges of Midwives, Nursing and Mental Health Nursing. Position statement. Clinical supervision for nurses and midwives. (2019). Accessed 2 November 2021. https://www.acn.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/clinical-supervision-nurses-midwives-position-statement-background-paper.pdf.
Australian Institute of Health & Welfare. (2019). Admitted patient care 2017–18: Australian hospital statistics. Health services series no. 90. Cat. no. HSE 225. AIHW, Canberra. Accessed 2 September 2021. https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/df0abd15-5dd8-4a56-94fa-c9ab68690e18/aihw-hse-225.pdf.
Australian Medical Association. (2018). 2017 AMA aged care survey report. Barton, ACT. Accessed September 2021. https://ama.com.au/sites/default/files/documents/2017_AMA_Aged_Care_Survey_Report.pdf.
Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council. (2019). Registered nurse accreditation standards 2019.ANMAC, Canberra. Accessed 2 September 2021. https://www.anmac.org.au/document/registered-nurse-accreditation-standards-2019.
Australian Human Rights Commission (2021). What’s age got to do with it? A snapshot of ageism across the Australian lifespan. Australian Human Rights Commission, September 2021. https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/agediscrimination/publications/whats-age-got-do-it-2021.
- What helps, what hinders? Undergraduate nursing students’ perceptions of clinical placements based on a thematic synthesis of literature.SAGE Open Nursing. 2021; 7: 1-20
Committee for Economic Development of Australia. (2021). Duty of care: meeting the aged care workforce challenge.CEDA, Melbourne. https://www.ceda.com.au/Admin/getmedia/29cf7e90-afe9-4c92-bf4b-7abc385078f8/Aged-Care-Workforce-2021-FINAL.pdf
- Learning from nursing students’ experiences and perceptions of their clinical placements in nursing homes: an integrative literature review.Nurse Education Today. 2021; 100 (Article 104857)
- Modelling job support, job fit, job role and job satisfaction for school of nursing sessional academic staff.BMC Nuring. 2018; 17: 22
- A systematic review of clinical supervision evaluation studies in nursing.International Journal of Mental Health Nursing. 2018; 27: 1344-1363
- Nursing faculty and students’ perspectives of how students learn to work with older people.Nurse Education Today. 2020; 93: 1-7
- Registered nurses' reflections on their educational preparation to work with older people.International Journal of Nursing Older People. 2021; 16 (Article e12363)
- How Australian residential aged care staffing levels compare with international and national benchmarks.Centre for Health Service Development, Australian Health Services Research Institute, University of Wollongong, 2019 (Accessed 2 November 2021)
- An investigation of nursing students’ knowledge of dementia: a questionnaire study.Nurse Education Today. 2015; 35: 800-805
- Student nurses’ strategies when speaking up for patient safety: a qualitative study.Nursing and Health Sciences. 2021; 23: 447-455
- Teaching the care of older people in Australian nursing schools: survey findings.Collegian. 2022; (Accepted for publication 27 February)
- Addressing the community-based geriatric healthcare workforce shortage by leveraging the potential of interprofessional teams.Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2019; 67: S400-S408
- The clinical learning environment in nursing education: a concept analysis.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2016; 72: 301-313
- Educational strategies to promote nursing in long-term care: an integrative review.Journal of Gerontological Nursing. 2013; 39: 52-60
- A retrospective/prospective on the future of geriatric nursing.Geriatric Nursing. 2020; 41: 29-31
- Gerontological nurse teachers' abilities and influence on students' willingness in older people nursing: a cross-sectional, correlational survey.Nurse Education Today. 2020; 90 (Article 104461)
- Nursing curriculums may hinder a career in gerontological nursing: an integrative review.International Journal of Older People Nursing. 2017; 12e121152
Health Workforce Australia. (2014). Australia's future health workforce – nurses overview. DoH, Canberra. https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/03/nurses-australia-s-future-health-workforce-reports-overview-report.pdf
- Assisting nurses to facilitate student and new graduate learning in practice settings: what ‘supports’ do nurses at the bedside need?.Nurse Education in Practice. 2013; 13: 197-201
- Nursing and midwifery students’ encounters with poor clinical practice: a systematic review.Nurse Education in Practice. 2017; 23: 67-75
- “My mentor didn't speak to me for the first four weeks”: perceived unfairness experienced by nursing students in clinical practice settings.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2018; 27: 929-938
- Nursing students’ experiences with clinical placement in a marginal Norwegian nursing home learning environment.International Practice Development Journal. 2020; 10: 7
- The Frailty In Residential Sector over Time (FIRST) study: methods and baseline cohort description.BMC Geriatrics. 2021; 21: 99
- The effectiveness of clinical education models in undergraduate nursing programs. A systematic review.Nurse Education in Practice. 2018; 29: 116-126
- Nursing students’ experiences with clinical placement in residential aged care facilities: a systematic review of qualitative evidence.JBI Evidence Synthesis. 2020; 18: 986-1018
- Nursing students’ knowledge about behavioral and biopsychosocial domains of dementia: a cross-sectional survey design.International Journal of Nursing Knowledge. 2022; 33: 116-127
- Facilitated learning to advance geriatrics: Increasing the capacity of nurse faculty to teach students about caring for older adults.Gerontologist. 2015; 55: 54-64
- The “ideal” clinical supervision environment in nursing and allied health.Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare. 2020; 13: 187-196
- The education received by nursing students regarding nursing older people. A scoping literature review.Scanadnavian Journal of Caring Sciences. 2015; 29: 15-29
Krippendorff, K. (2018).Content analysis: an introduction to its methodology. (4th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.,
- Nursing students’ experience with clinical placement in nursing homes: a focus group study.BMC Nursing. 2021; 20: 159
- Nursing students’ preferences for clinical placements in the residential aged care setting.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2018; 27: 143-152
- What are the primary concerns of nursing students as they prepare for and contemplate their first clinical placement experience?.Nurse Education in Practice. 2015; 15: 304-309
- Measuring prevalence of 60 health conditions in older Australians in residential aged care with electronic health records: a retrospective dynamic cohort study.Population Health Matters. 2020; 18: 25
Mason, J. (2013). Review of Australian Government Health Workforce Programs., pp. 450. Accessed 2 November 2021. https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/D26858F4B68834EACA257BF0001A8DDC/$File/Review%20of%20Health%20Workforce%20programs.pdf
- Changes in nursing students' knowledge, attitudes and interest in caring for older adults: A longitudinal cohort study.Nurse education in Practice. 2020; 44https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2020.102760
- Incentivising a career in older adult nursing: the views of student nurses.International Journal of Older People Nursing. 2019; 14: e12256
- Living on the edge: issues that undermine the capacity of residential aged care providers to support student nurses on clinical placement.Australian Health Review. 2007; 31: 368-378
- Guest editorial, Ageism: we are our own worst enemy.International Psychogeriatrics. 2017; 29: 1-8
Schwartz, S. (2019). Educating the nurse of the future—report of the independent review into nursing education. DoH, Canberra, Accessed 2 September 2021. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/educating-the-nurse-of-the-future
- Preceptorship of clinical learning in nursing homes—a qualitative study of influences of an interprofessional team intervention.Nurse Education Today. 2021; 104104986
- Australia's first transition to professional practice in primary care program: qualitative findings from a mixed-method evaluation.Collegian. 2018; 25: 201-208
- Consolidated criteria for reporting qualitative research (COREQ): a 32-item checklist for interviews and focus groups.International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 2007; 19: 349-357