Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A survey of the NP workforce in primary healthcare settings in New Zealand.The New Zealand Medical Journal (Online). 2020; 133: 29-40
- Nurse practitioner consultations in primary health care: an observational interaction analysis of social interactions and consultation outcomes.Primary Health Care Research & Development. 2019; 20: 1-11
- A multimorbidity nurse practitioner-led clinic: evaluation of health outcomes.Collegian. 2020; 27: 430-436
- The nurse practitioner role is ideally suited for palliative care practice: a qualitative descriptive study.Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal. 2019; 29: 4-9
- Reasons for choosing or refusing care from a nurse practitioner: results from a national population-based survey.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2019; 75: 3668-3676
- Privately practicing nurse practitioner services in Australia and patient access to care: results from realist interviews.Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 2018; 30: 344-353
- Medical assistance in dying: lessons for Australia from Canada.QUT Law Review. 2017; 17: 127-146
- A nurse practitioner-led community palliative care service in Australia.International Journal of Palliative Nursing. 2019; 25: 245-253
Criminal Code of Canada, RSC (1985)., c C-46.
End of Life Choice Act (2019). (New Zealand).
End-of-Life Choices (Voluntary Assisted Dying) Act (2021). (Tas).
Euthanasia Laws Act (1997). (Cth).
Health Canada. (2021). Second annual report on medical assistance in dying in Canada 2020. Available from: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/medical-assistance-dying/annual-report-2020.html#5_3 [Accessed 23 May 2022].
Health, Communities, Disability, Services and Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Committee, (2020). Voluntary assisted dying, (Report 34). Queensland Parliamentary Committees.
- The impact of nurse practitioner services on cost, quality of care, satisfaction and waiting times in the emergency department: a systematic review.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2015; 52: 421-435
International Council of Nurses, (2020). Guidelines on advanced practice nursing. Available from: https://www.icn.ch/news/icn-launches-new-advanced-practice-nursing-guidelines-and-calls-increased-recognition-and [Accessed 23 May 2022].
- Gastrointestinal cancer classification and prognostication from histology using deep learning: systematic review.European Journal of Cancer. 2021; 155: 200-215
Justice Committee, (2019). End of life choice bill (Report), New Zealand Parliament. Available from: https://www.parliament.nz/resource/en-NZ/SCR_86640/c5b7adfc7598b85747ff94855bc46bfb40470db0 [Accessed 23 May 2022].
Legal and Social Issues Committee, (2016). Inquiry into end of life choices: final report (Parliament of Victoria, 2016). Available from: https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/file_uploads/LSIC_Summary_Booklet_w3Vxqksq.pdf [Accessed 13 December 2021].
- Nurse practitioner work patterns: a cross-sectional study.Nursing Open. 2021; 8: 966-974
- Evaluation of a nurse practitioner disease management model for chronic heart failure: a multi-site implementation study.Congestive Heart Failure. 2012; 18: 64-71
- Eligibility and access to voluntary assisted dying: a view from Victoria, Australia.Journal of Medical Ethics. 2021; 47: 676-677
- Too much safety? Safeguards and equal access in the context of voluntary assisted dying legislation.BMC Medical Ethics. 2020; 21 (doi.org/10.1186/s12910-020-00483-5)
- Interpreting eligibility under the medical assistance in dying law: the experiences of physicians and nurse practitioners.McGill Journal of Law and Health. 2020; 14: 51-108
Ministerial Advisory Panel, (2017,) Ministerial advisory panel on voluntary assisted dying: final report state of Victoria, Department of Health and Human Services. Available from: https://vgls.sdp.sirsidynix.net.au/client/search/asset/1298088/0 [Accessed 23 May 2022].
Ministerial Expert Panel, (2019). Ministerial expert panel on voluntary assisted dying: final report state of Western Australia, Department of Health. Available from: https://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/∼/media/Files/Corporate/general-documents/Voluntary-assisted-dying/PDF/voluntary-assisted-dying-final-report.pdf [Accessed 23 May 2022].
- Involvement of palliative care in patients requesting medical assistance in dying.Canadian Family Physician. 2020; 66: 833-842
NJT vNJT (Human Rights) [(2020).]VCAT 547.
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, (2016a) Registration standard: endorsement as nurse practitioner. Available from: https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-and-Endorsement/Endorsements-Notations.aspx#nurse [Accessed 7 December 2021].
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, (2016b). Registered nurse standards for practice. Available from: https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/codes-guidelines-statements/professional-standards/registered-nurse-standards-for-practice.aspx#:∼:text=Scope%20of%20practice%20is%20that,requirements%20of%20the%20service%20provider [Accessed 7 December 2021].
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, (2021) Nurse practitioner standards for practice Available from: https://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines-Statements/Professional-standards/nurse-practitioner-standards-of-practice.aspx [Accessed 7 December 2021].
Nursing Council of New Zealand, (2017) Nurse practitioner: required qualifications and competencies Available from: https://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Public/Education/How_to_become_a_nurse/Nurse_practitioner/NCNZ/Education-section/Nurse_practitioner.aspx?hkey=1809de0c-6923-43b4-b592-71288624e50f [Accessed 7 December 2021].
Nursing Council of New Zealand, (2020). Scope of practice for mātanga tapuhi nurse practitioner Available from: https://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Public/Nursing/Scopes_of_practice/Nurse_practitioner/NCNZ/nursing-section/Nurse_practitioner.aspx?hkey=1493d86e-e4a5-45a5-8104-64607cf103c6 [Accessed 7 December 2021].
- Documenting the process of developing the Victorian voluntary assisted dying legislation.Australian Health Review. 2018; 42: 621-626
- How we can improve the quality of care for patients requesting medical assistance in dying: a qualitative study of health care providers.Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2021; 61: 513-521
- New Zealand doctors’ and nurses’ views on legalising assisted dying in New Zealand.New Zealand Medical Journal. 2017; 130: 10-26
- Biggest decision of them all–death and assisted dying: capacity assessments and undue influence screening.Internal Medicine Journal. 2019; 49: 792-796
- It's all about the individual's right to choose: a qualitative study of Australian culturally and linguistically diverse nurses’ knowledge of and attitudes to voluntary assisted dying.Collegian, 2021https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2021.06.001
- What's suffering got to do with it? A qualitative study of suffering in the context of medical assistance in dying (MAID).BMC Palliative Care. 2021; 20: 1-15
Provincial-Territorial Expert Advisory Group on Physician-Assisted Dying, (2015). Final Report. Canada. Available from: https://novascotia.ca/dhw/publications/Provincial-Territorial-Expert-Advisory-Group-on-Physician-Assisted-Dying.pdf [Accessed 23 May 2022].
Queensland Law Reform Commission, (2021,) A legal framework for voluntary assisted dying (Report 97). Available from: https://www.qlrc.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/681131/qlrc-report-79-a-legal-framework-for-voluntary-assisted-dying.pdf [Accessed 23 May 2022].
- Act. 1995; (Act. doi:NT)
- Medical assistance in dying in Canada: focus on rural communities.The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 2017; 13: 628-634
- Support for and willingness to be involved in voluntary assisted dying: a multisite, cross-sectional survey study of clinicians in Victoria, Australia.Internal Medicine Journal. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1111/imj.15434
- Medical practitioners’ views and experiences of being involved in assisted dying in Victoria, Australia: a qualitative interview study among participating doctors.Social Science & Medicine. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.114568
- Prognostic tools in patients with advanced cancer: a systematic review.Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2017; 53: 962-970
- Independent Review of the End of Life Choices (Voluntary Assisted Dying) Bill 2020.(February) University of Tasmania, 2021
- Entrustable professional activities for nurse practitioner preparation. 90. Nurse Education Today, 2020104439 (http://doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2020.104439Voluntary Assisted Dying Act 2017 (Vic), Explanatory memorandum)
Voluntary Assisted Dying Act (2019). (WA).
Voluntary Assisted Dying Act (2021). (Qld).
Voluntary Assisted Dying Act (2021). (SA).
Western Australia, Parliamentary debates, legislative council, (2019, 23 October). Available from: https://parliament.wa.gov.au/Hansard/hansard.nsf/0/21294156d0772a0d4825849e002a68ad/$FILE/C40%20S1%2020191023%20p8162b-8185a.pdf [Accesssed 3 December 2021].
- Does the voluntary assisted dying act 2017 (Vic) reflect its stated policy goals?43. The University of New South Wales Law Journal, 2020: 417-451
- (Failed) voluntary euthanasia law reform in Australia: two decades of trends, models and politics. 39. The University of New South Wales Law Journal, 2016: 1-47
- Nurse practitioner led model of after-hours emergency care in an Australian rural urgent care centre: health service stakeholder perceptions.BMC Health Services Research. 2021; 21: 1-11
- Nurses’ views on legalising assisted dying in New Zealand: a cross-sectional study.International journal of nursing studies. 2019; 89: 116-124
- What do doctors know about assessing decision-making capacity?.New Zealand Medical Journal. 2018; 131: 58-71