Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Disaster preparedness: need for inclusion in undergraduate nursing education.Sultan Qaboos University Medical Journal. 2016; 16: e15-e19
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council [ANMAC]. 2009. Standards and criteria for the accreditation of Nursing and Midwifery courses leading to registration, enrolment, endorsement and authorisation in Australia – with evidence guide. 2021. Available from: https://www.anmac.org.au/sites/default/files/documents/ANMC%20Accreditation%20standards%20-%20Registered%20Nurse%202009_0.pdf [Accessed 10 February 2021].
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council [ANMAC]. 2019. Registered Nurse accreditation standards 2019. Available from: https://www.anmac.org.au/sites/default/files/documents/registerednurseaccreditationstandards2019.pdf [Accessed 10 February 2021].
- Disaster research/evaluation frameworks, Part 1: an overview.Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2014; (In press): 1-10
- The impact of disasters on emergency department resources: review against the Sendai framework for disaster risk reduction 2015–2030.Australasian Emergency Care. 2020; 24: 55-60
- Embedding evidence-based practice in a nursing curriculum: a benchmarking project.Nurse Education in Practice. 2004; 4: 216-223
- Embedding nursing informatics education into an Australian undergraduate nursing degree.Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 2016; 225: 329-333
- What is the role of nursing students and schools of nursing during disaster? A discussion paper.Collegian. 2010; 17: 193-197
- Fear of COVID-19, poor quality of sleep, irritability, and intention to quit school among nursing students: a cross-sectional study.Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. 2021; (In press)
- Tabletop exercises in the nursing classroom: an introduction for nurse educators.Nursing Forum. 2019; 54: 669-674
- Preparedness and resilience of student nurses in Northern Queensland Australia for disasters.International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. 2020; 48101585
- Nurses’ roles, knowledge and experience in national disaster pre-paredness and emergency response: a literature review.South Eastern European Journal of Public Health. 2016; 34: 407-414
- Consensus measurement in Delphi studies: review and implications for future quality assurance.Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2012; 79: 1525-1536
- Augmenting the disaster healthcare workforce.Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2020; 21: 490-496
- Disaster education for Australian nursing students: an integrative review of published literature to inform curricula.Collegian. 2022; 29: 93-99
- Guidance on Conducting and REporting DElphi Studies (CREDES) in palliative care: recommendations based on a methodological systematic review.Palliative Medicine. 2017; 31: 684-706
- Effects of disaster nursing education on nursing students’ knowledge and preparedness for disasters.International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction. 2018; 28: 475-480
- Student experiences of nursing on the front line during the COVID-19 pandemic.British Journal of Nursing. 2020; 29: 788-789
- Methodology update: Delphi studies.Nursing Research. 2018; 67: 404-410
- Coronials: Nurses who graduated during the COVID-19 pandemic. will they be better nurses?.Nurse Education Today. 2020; 94104536
- Settling for less”: Designing undergraduate nursing curricula in the context of national accreditation.Collegian. 2017; 24: 117-124
- Integrating palliative care content into a new undergraduate nursing curriculum: the University of Notre Dame, Australia–Sydney experience.Collegian. 2010; 17: 85-91
- Phenomenology of Australian civilian hospital nurses’ lived experience of the out-of-hospital environment following a disaster.Collegian. 2021; ([in-press])
- Beyond a clinical role: nurses were psychosocial supporters, coordinators and problem solvers in the Black Saturday and Victorian bushfires in 2009.Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. 2012; 15: 156-163
- Future considerations for Australian nurses and their disaster educational preparedness: a discussion.Australian Journal of Emergency Management. 2013; 28: 49-53
- What are the research needs for the field of disaster nursing? An international Delphi study.Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2014; 29: 448-454
- Leadership opportunities for mental health nurses in the field of disaster preparation, response, and recovery.Issues in Mental Health Nursing. 2015; 36: 391-394
- Disaster nursing knowledge and competencies among nursing university students participated in relief activities following the 2016 Kumamoto earthquakes.SAGE Open Nursing. 2018; 4: 1-9
- The impact of mass casualty incidents on intensive care units.Australian Critical Care. 2020; 33: 469-474
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction. (2009). Global assessment report on disaster risk reduction (2009). Available from: https://www.undrr.org/publication/global-assessment-report-disaster-risk-reduction-2009 [Accessed 12 February 2021].
- Analysis of the effects of high-fidelity simulation on nursing students’ perceptions of their preparedness for disasters.International Emergency Nursing. 2018; 38: 3-9
- Disaster nursing: a descriptive survey of Australian undergraduate nursing curricula.Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. 2011; 14: 75-80
- Cross-sectional survey of the disaster preparedness of nurses across the Asia–Pacific region.Nursing & Health Sciences. 2015; 17: 434-443
- Application and effects of a disaster nursing simulation training for Chinese undergraduates.Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 2016; 6: 8-15
- The 2020 special report of the MJA–Lancet Countdown on health and climate change: lessons learnt from Australia’s “Black Summer".Medical Journal of Australia. 2020; 213