Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prepared to care: challenging the dementia skills gap.Stationary Office, London, England2009
- 4234.0 – Work-related training and adult learning.Australian Bureau of Statistics, Australia. Canberra2013
- 4234.0 – Work-related training and adult learning.Australia, Canberra, Australian Bureau of Statistics2017: 2016-2017
- Residential aged care staff awareness of and engagement with dementia-specific support services and education.Australasian Journal on Ageing. 2021; 40: e223-e233https://doi.org/10.1111/ajag.12904
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2018). 3303.0 - Causes of death, Australia, 2017. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Australian Government Department of Health. (2017). 2016 National aged care workforce census and survey – The aged care workforce, 2016. Canberra, ACT. Available from: https://www.gen-agedcaredata.gov.au/www_aihwgen/media/Workforce/The-Aged-Care-Workforce-2016.pdf, [Accessed 03/03/2021].
Australian Government Department of Health, (2020). 2020 Aged Care Workforce Census Report, 2020. Available from: https://www.health.gov.au%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fdocuments%2F2021%2F09%2F2020-aged-care-workforce-census.pdf&clen=1210201&chunk=true, [Accessed 03/03/2021].
Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency. (2012). Future focus: Australia's skills and workforce development needs. Discussion paper. July 2012.
- Current experiences and educational preferences of general practitioners and staff caring for people with dementia living in residential facilities.BMC Geriatrics. 2009; 9 (–36): 36https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2318-9-36
- Relations between immigrant care workers and older persons in home and long-term care.Canadian Journal on Aging. 2010; 29: 109-118https://doi.org/10.1017/S0714980809990407
- PerCEN trial participant perspectives on the implementation and outcomes of person-centered dementia care and environments.International Psychogeriatrics. 2015; 27: 2045-2057https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610215001350
- Summary and Recommendations. 2021 (Available from: https://agedcare.royalcommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-03/final-report-volume-1.pdf, [Accessed 11/05/2021]) Royal Commission Inquiry into Aged Care Quality and Safety, Final Report: Care, Dignity and Respect, Volume 1
- Evaluation of an education intervention to implement a capability model of dementia care.Dementia. 2014; 13: 613-625https://doi.org/10.1177/1471301213480158
- Dementia prevalence data 2018-2058.Commissioned research undertaken by NATSEM, University of Canberra, Canberra2018
- Barriers to, and enablers of, participation in the Allied Health Rural and Remote Training and Support (AHRRTS) program for rural and remote allied health workers: a qualitative descriptive study.BMC Medical Education. 2014; 14: 194https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-14-194
- Continuing education preferences, facilitators, and barriers for nursing home nurses.Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing. 2018; 49: 26-33https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20180102-07
- How Australian residential aged care staffing levels compare with international and national benchmarks.Centre for Health Service Development, Australian Health Services Research Institute, University of Wollongong, Wollongong2019
- Care work and care jobs for the future of decent work, International Labour Office.ILO, Geneva2018 (2018)
- The New South Wales Allied Health Workplace Learning Study: Barriers and enablers to learning in the workplace.BMC Health Services Research. 2014; 14: 134https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-14-134
- Continuing professional development: needs, facilitators and barriers of registered nurses in India in rural and remote settings: Findings from a cross sectional survey.Open Journal of Nursing. 2017; 7: 930-948https://doi.org/10.4236/ojn.2017.78069
Mavromaras, K., Knight, G., Isherwood, L., Crettenden, A., Flavel, J., Karmel, T., et al. (2017). 2016 National aged care workforce census and survey – the aged care workforce. Canberra: Australian Government Department of Health.
- Victorian Public Sector Residential Aged Care Workforce Review [Unpublished Report].Centre for Quality and Patient Safety Research, Melbourne2017
- The facilitators and barriers to nurses' participation in continuing education programs: A mixed method explanatory sequential study.Global Journal of Health Science. 2014; 7: 184-193https://doi.org/10.5539/gjhs.v7n3p184
- Economic cost of dementia in Australia 2016–2056 Canberra.The Institute for Governance and Policy Analysis, Canberra, Australia2017
World Health Organization. (2017). Global action plan on the public health response to dementia 2017–2025. Available from: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/259615/9789241513487-eng.pdf;jsessionid=60496C43027C90DCA75D9E0D63E72651?sequence=1, [Accessed 13/04/2021].