Implications for practice
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Collegian
Affordable Health Care Act. (2010). 111th United States Congress. Retrieved from: http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform/healthcare-overview#healthcare-menu
- Integrating public health policy, practice, evaluation, surveillance, and research: The school health action planning and evaluation system.American Journal of Public Health. 2007; 97: 648-654
- Aboriginal primary health care: An evidence-based approach.Oxford University Press, New York2008
- Inside full service community schools.Corwin Press, Corwin Thousand Oaks, California2002
- Lillian Wald: A biography.University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill2008
- Utility of psychosocial screening at a SBHC.Journal of School Health. 2000; 70: 292-298
- School entrant health questionnaire: Longitudinal analysis 1998 to 2004: Report to the Department of Human Services.Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Victoria, Melbourne2006
- Fourth generation evaluation.Sage, Newbury Park1989
- Impact of school-based health centers on children with asthma.Journal of Adolescent Health. 2005; 37: 266-274
- History and overview of school-based health centers in the U.S..Nursing Clinics in North America. 2005; 40: 595-606
Hall, L. (2001). Final Report — Youth and Family Centers Program 2000–2001 (REIS01-172-2). Dallas Independent Schools District.
- A framework for school health programs in the 21st Century.Journal of School Health. 2005; 75: 226-228
- School nursing for children with special needs: Does number of schools make a difference?.Journal of School Health. 2009; 79: 337-346
Lamontagne, P. (2009, April 13). Editorial: Make room for nurse practitioners. Montreal Gazette.
- Health at school: A hidden health care system emerges from the shadows.Health Affairs. 2007; 26: 409-419
MacDougall, C. (2008). Healthy schools: Overview and opportunities. Paper presented at North Bay Community Conference, March 2008. North Bay, Ontario.
- Beyond bandaids: Understanding the role of school nurses in NSW.in: School Nurses Association of NSW Annual Conference. 2008, January
- School nurse perceptions of barriers and supports for children with diabetes.Journal of School Health. 2005; 75: 119-124
National Assembly on School-Based Health Care (NASBHC). (2009a). 2007–2008 Census. Retrieved from: http://www.nasbhc.org/site/c.jsJPKWPFJrH/b.4664127/k.21AA/census_20072008.htm
National Assembly on School-Based Health Care. (2009b). NASBHC mobilization update to State Chapters, October 19th, 2009. Washington, D.C.
National Association of School Nurses (NASN). (2009). National Association of School Nurses position statement: Caseload assignments. Retrieved from: http://www.nasn.org/Default.aspx?tabid=209
National Public Health Partnership. (2005). Healthy children-strengthening promotion and prevention across Australia. National public health strategic framework for children 2005–2008. National Public Health Partnership. Melbourne: NPHP.
- Qualitative research and evaluation methods.Sage, Thousand Oaks, California2002
- School-based health centers help keep students healthy and in school.New York Nurses Network. 2008; : 15-17
- School-based health centers and the decline in black teen fertility during the 1990s in Denver, Colorado.American Journal of Public Health. 2006; 96: 1588-1592
- School-based health centers: A model for improving the health of the nation's children.The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. 2007; 3: 713-720
- Decreasing barriers for teens: Evaluation of a new teenage pregnancy prevention strategy in school-based clinics.American Journal of Public Health. 2003; 93: 1890-1892
Siegel, E., & Bachmann, M. (2009). “Sex clinics” in schools will result from health care reform. The Huffington Post. Retrieved from: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/01/bachmann-sex-clinics-will_n_306292.html
- Basics of qualitative research: Grounded theory procedures and techniques.Sage, Newbury Park1990
- School-based health center viability: Application of the COPC model.Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing. 2003; 26: 231-251
- Effectiveness of school programs in preventing childhood obesity: A multilevel comparison.American Journal of Public Health. 2005; 95: 432-435
- Burden of asthma in elementary school children: Do SBHCs make a difference?.Archives of Pediatric Adolescent Medicine. 2003; 157: 125-129
- Existence of the school health coordinator in a frontier state.Journal of School Health. 2005; 75: 329-332
- Unlocking the potential of school nursing: Keeping children healthy, in school, and ready to learn.Charting Nursing's Future. 2010, July; : 1-8